We have achieved some major milestones in the last 6 months and will be
implementing a lot of new programs, including our annual conference in
September 2012. I'd like to share with you what we have been working on as well
as what we expect to accomplish in 2012.
Our most recent accomplishments include:
- We created a new feature rich social media website for
our members that has reduced our administration costs and are passing
those saving onto our members.
- We published Reviewed Financial Statements from 2007 – 2010 on
our website providing our organization greater transparency and
creditability. If you have any questions regarding the statements,
please call me personally, 1-866-616-4722 ext. 2
- We have increased our local level presence with
additional regional meeting locations
- We have added an investigation committee that
investigates legitimate complaints from our members' clients. An ethics
code of an organization has more value to their members and general public
when the organization has the tools in place to enforce it.
In the coming days and months we will be
introducing the following programs:
- New membership renewal fees and payment options
- Annual renewal $295; semi-annual $157.50; quarterly $83.75 and monthly
- A student membership program for individuals with no
experience that are enrolled in classes and want to become a Certified
Professional Bookkeeper (CPB)
- Our first National Conference in September of 2012.
Currently we have 14 sponsors committed including Intuit, Sage, CRA, and
Canadian Payroll Association who will be providing education tracks.
Members will get preferential pricing and we will be limiting attendance
- More promotions with our partners in 2012 such as
trainers (Knowledge Bureau), product suppliers (Intuit and Sage) and
employment agencies (Robert Half) to name a few.
- A new Career Center where members and employers can
post employment ads for our members to apply to.
- Select regional meeting content will be available to
all members. This is in the development stage and we will be testing
different mediums such as PDF handouts, electronic recordings and/or
- New content in our archived database. In addition,
webinars will be made available over the next 12 months as PDU credits.
This will happen in phases as our administration develops the quizzes for
each webinar. Simply watch the recording and take a short quiz to receive
The IPBC really values their members, my commitment as the
Executive Director is to use the resources of the organization in an effective
and efficient way to meet our short and long term goals. The ultimate goal is
to make the IPBC a self regulating organization, just like the CGA, and we
would like bookkeepers across Canada to be a part of it.
Please contact Member Services if you have any comments or questions at
1-866-616-4722 or e-mail email@example.com